Bitcoin – Fad, Bubble, Scam?
- “Bitcoins will attain their true value of zero sooner or later.....” John Quiggin, Apr 2013
- “I would argue that the true price should be much lower and in fact should be single digits.” Mark T. Williams, Nov 2014
Still interested in Bitcoins? As at mid-Sep 2017, each Bitcoin is valued at roughly USD3500. Does the price or exchange rate matter? Only if you are trading it as a currency. But Bitcoin is actually both the currency and the payment infrastructure. What is more important is the impact of the technologies that power the Bitcoin payment system.
This workshop provides participants with a solid understanding of what are cryptocurrencies, of which Bitcoin is just one, albeit the most famous of all. Additional topics such as ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings), cryptocurrency trading, data privacy and regulatory issues are also introduced.
- Duration: 3.5 hours (morning tea break provided)
- Full course outline available here
- Speaker profile: Chong Jin Yoong, CFA
- Accredited for 5 CPE point (SIDC)
- The event description was updated. Diff#284392 2017-10-06 08:43:35
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM MYT
Standard RM150.00 Early Bird (before 30 Sep) ON HOLD RM120.00 Video conference ON HOLD RM90.00
- Venue Address
- Noesis, Unit 6-12, Level 5, Block VO2, Lingkaran SV, Sunway Velocity, 55100 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Access via Maluri MRT station (9 min walk). The station connects directly to the Sunway Velocity Mall. Head towards the office block adjacent to the mall (Block VO2)
Ogos Learning13 Followers