Workshop 1: The Journey From Bean To Cup
Workshop 1 (of 5)
The Journey From Bean To Cup
Are you just a coffee lover or truly a coffee connoisseur? Do you know what it takes to make a great cup of coffee and what it takes to brew a perfect cup?
Here’s your opportunity to turn your love for coffee into passion and learn how to speak like a true coffee aficionado. This Coffee Appreciation Workshop is for those who are truly passionate about great coffee and want to understand how to brew some really awesome coffee.
We will take you through how coffee is cultivated, harvested and processed. We also help you to identify different roasting profiles as well as best practices in buying, storing and grinding coffee. You will also learn the fine art of brewing and how to evaluate a great cup of coffee and other brewing methods that will bring out the most flavour and aroma.
Basic overview about coffee:
- Coffee belt and history
- Coffee tree: Cultivation to harvest
- Processing: From Farm to Processing Instant Coffee
- Roasting Profiles
- Arabica / Robusta
- Visual & Taste comparison between Arabica & Robusta Flavour Profiles
- Fresh beans against Stale beans
- Best practices in storing, grinding and brewing
- Health & Caffeine: To drink or not to drink?
Demonstration : Demonstrating and explaining Extraction and Taste Profile To Customers and Bean Selection
About Coffee for Good & How you can help :
A portion of our profit goes to providing underserved youths with access to coffee education and barista skills training. We aim to reach out to 100 youths by January 2018 through our free coffee workshops and barista skills training. We are currently at 40% of our target.
By attending our public workshops, your are also contributing in making an impact to the youths.
Previous free workshops were held at :
1. Rumah Kasih Harmoni Sg. Buloh (a collaboration with Barista Guild Asia and Good Hijab)
2. Devine Cafe - MySkills Foundation, Brickfields - Kuala Lumpur
3. CyberCare Youths - STEP program (a collaboration with UNiKL)
4. Kolej Komuniti Selayang (a collaboration with Barista Guild Asia and Teach at College Community program)