TECH TARIK | 9/11 Special: Empathy for Disaster Survivors
We're very #blessed to have Judith Francis, a 9-11 survivor and psychologist, share her stories ♥
On September 11th, 2001, Judith was there on the 102nd floor of the WTC’s (World Trade Center) South Tower; when the second plane hit, she was on the 86th floor turning onto the 85th floor and watching the walls broken through by this force that kept coming in the direction of her and her colleagues, as they ran down the stairs. She had observed the hit on the North Tower and began running down the stairwell minutes later, after first checking for her co-workers whereabouts.
Though Judith survived the attack on the WTC, she struggled with PTSD; the daily panic attacks continued for months and many years following the event. The psychologist was now a patient who had to take care of herself in ways she wasn’t sure she could.Judith would be sharing on her struggle to rebuild her life after surviving the major disaster. She would share how she coped on a daily basis, in her capacity as a psychologist herself; and how she refused to be victimized by the situation. Most importantly, the talk will include her perspective on how she wanted and still wants to be treated by others after this major life-changing event.
1. Your ticket includes dinner with 'teh tarik' or tea with milk.
2. Your contributions to 'Give It Forward' will be used to offset the ticket price for those who may not afford. As a growing social enterprise, we aim to be financially sustainable yet enabling those who may be limited by financial means to also be inspired and gain exposure to such a rare community platform. Kindly drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org should you need support from Give It Forward.
3. FOR BANK TRANSFER: Register through Peatix by selecting Bank Transfer. Then, simply transfer your ticket amount to DBS Current 003-940747-5, and update us a screenshot of evidence of payment via WhatsApp (82807673) or email email@example.com
4. Register by 29 August to enjoy First Mover offers.
5. No refunds possible after 27 August 2017.
- The event description was updated. Diff#273567 2017-08-29 14:41:07
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM SGT
- 62A Arab Street (near Bugis MRT)
First mover (Early bird) SOLD OUT $25.00 STANDARD: 1 Seat SOLD OUT $30.00 BRING A FRIEND OFFER: 2 Seats (Usual: $60) SOLD OUT $50.00 13-26 YEARS: 1 Seat (Show IC/Student Pass for entry) SOLD OUT $15.00 GIVE IT FORWARD: Basic SOLD OUT $2.00 Bank Transfer to DBS Current 003-940747-5 FULL
- Venue Address
- 62a Arab Street Singapore
Nearest MRT Station is Bugis MRT. Take Exit B and walk towards Arab Street