R Programming for beginners
The programming language ‘R’ is one of the two most important languages used by data scientists, statisticians as well as Predictive Analytics and Big Data Analytics practitioners. R is also regarded as one of the first data science programming language to learn.
Back by popular demand, this is our 2nd run of Programming with R for beginners.
About the Course:
Designed for newcomers to the language of R, this 2-day bootcamp covers the R ecosystem and core elements of the language, so you attain the foundations for becoming an R user. Topics include common tools for data import, manipulation, export and data visualising. If time allows, other topics will be covered: web scraping using R.
Through this course, you will learn:
- Basics syntax, most popular functions/libraries in R programming
- Regression and Basic Analytics in R
- A Statistics Refresher
- Visualising Data
- Web scraping with R (bonus task)
Part I. R language
· Basic Syntax
· Data Types
· Data Structures
· Arithmetic Operators
· Logical Operators
Part II Data Handling
· Input and Output
· Data Cleaning
· Make Function (Hands-on example)
· Built-in Function (Hands-on example)
Part I. Regression Models
· Simple Linear Regression (Hands-on example)
· Multiple Linear Regression (Hands-on example)
· Logistic Linear Regression (Hands-on example)
Part II. Graphics
· Basic Visualization Functions
· Higher Level Package (eg ggplot2)
Part III. Web scape(bonus)
· Basic html/css
· Rvest (Hands-on example)
Who Should Attend:
Anyone keen to enter the field of Data Science. No programming background is required.
About Your Instructor
Pang Long graduated from NUS and is currently a research assistant at the NUS School of Public Health. A trained computational biologist and biostatistician, Pang Long uses R extensively for his healthcare related research.
Note: You need bring your own laptop, installation instruction will be provided after signup :)
- The event description was updated. Diff#273782 2017-08-30 07:28:27