Micro:bit Workshop – September
Register your interest on Peatix by "purchasing" a RSVP ticket. Our Sales Reps will get in touch with you!
The course fee is $349 (without Kit) - $419 (With Kit) - For more information, please visit https://www.kidscode.sg/product/microbit-workshop-september/
Microbit is an educational and creative tool to encourage children to get actively involved in writing software for computers.
Help kids to acquire the knowledge and skills to move from being consumers of digital information, being designers and creators.
How Micro:bit works
The learners will explore what the micro:bit can do, or polish their programs which will introduce them to a world of micro-controller boards.
This course demystifies the tech and explains how to make the most of the micro:bit. Each participant will get a micro:bit to learn about the hardware and how to program it using the block editor (visual programming). No coding or technical experience needed – this course is suitable for everyone.
No coding or technical experience needed – this course is suitable for everyone.
What do your kids learn?
- Explores the maker aspect of coding allowing kids to learn how to do computer programming and at the same time, welcoming them to world of electronics.
- Kids will solve the problem which involves decision making process via coding.
- With the learning kits, teachers can easily deploy guided projects as well as bringing up students’ creative making spirits with the micro bit expanded capabilities.
How do we at Kidscode impart our knowledge to your child?
- We guide your child through step-by-step exercises for their first project
- We get them to rebuild this first project or do a slight variation of it
- We then leave them to build a simple brand new project from scratch
- We get them to work on this new project without any guidance
- We repeat the process to instill confidence and familiarity
This recursive training method helps to instill the basics of coding, the sense of adventure and the confidence to explore new ways to code even after the course has been completed!
Our participants will learn and explore how to create a temperature detector using the micro:bit inventor kit. The temperature detector is able to monitor the room’s temperature and be able to activate automatically, displaying a happy or sad face based on a pre-defined temperature setting. Participants will learn how to set up and program the micro:bit into a simple circuit along with crafting a visual notification with LEDs, powering and controlling a motor-controlled fan and activating a speaker for sound effects.
- Exposure to what is the most talked about microcontroller – micro:bit
- Learn how a micro:bit unit works
- Understand what is the term “Internet of Things (IoT)”
- Learn how micro:bit can be used to encourage saving, especially for the young in a fun way.
- Learn simple block programming skills