Public Observation of SCO Conducting Workshop
Singapore Chinese Orchestra will be having its fourth run of Conducting Workshop, held biennially. This workshop is led by SCO Music Director, Tsung Yeh.
Through the conducting workshop, we wish to further develop the participant’s conducting skills and appreciation of Nanyang style music. It will be a rare opportunity to work with the only professional Chinese orchestra in Singapore.
Past workshops had produced numerous conducting talents such as Ku Pao Wen, who was appointed Assistant Conductor of SCO for 2007. Currently based in Taiwan Kaohsiung, he was appointed the Guest Conductor Chair for SCO Concert Season 2012/13. In the second run, Moses Gay and Wong Kah Chun were both appointed Conducting Assistant in 2010; Moses is currently the Assistant Conductor of SCO while Kah Chun remains as an active Guest Conductor in the region and in Europe. Leonard Tan who attended the workshop, is currently the Principal Conductor of Singapore National Youth Orchestra and the Music Director of The Philharmonic Winds. In 2015, we accepted a total of 8 active participants from Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
Contents of the workshop:
- Music director will conduct the workshop and provide coaching on baton techniques, scores analysis to participants personally. There will be podium time for every active participant with 2 pianists and SCO.
- Various composers will share about composition analysis of their pieces.
- Active participants will present a repertoire on the last day of the workshop. Each participant will be given a certificate of accomplishment.
We encourage public observers who are interested to join in the workshop!
The duration for Podium Time with 2 Pianists on 25 July has been extended and timing will be changed to 2pm - 6.30pm.
- The event description was updated. Diff#261686 2017-07-13 06:37:49
[ Mon ] - [ Fri ]
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM SGT
- Singapore Conference Hall
[24 Jul - 9am to 1pm] Introduction Session FULL [24 Jul - 2pm to 5pm] Podium Time with Two Pianists FULL [25 Jul - 9am to 1pm] Podium Time with Orchestra FULL [25 Jul - 2pm to 5pm] Podium Time with Two Pianists FULL [26 Jul - 9am to 1pm] Podium Time with Orchestra FULL [26 Jul - 2pm to 5pm] Review Session FULL [27 Jul - 9am to 1pm] Podium Time with Orchestra FULL [27 Jul - 2pm to 5pm] Review Session FULL [28 Jul - 9am to 11am] Final Presentation FULL
- Venue Address
- 7 Shenton Way, S(068810) Singapore
Singapore Chinese Orchestra64 Followers