Celebrate Monuments! Ramadan Tours at Kampong Gelam
Kampong Gelam buzzes with festivities every year during Ramadan, when the Muslim community comes together for a time of prayer and celebration. This year, explore the National Monuments of Kampong Gelam and gain insights into the development of this special conservation district from its early days as the Malay royal quarters! Immerse yourself in the colours, sights, and sounds, and end your tour by joining in the iftar – the meal that ends the daily Ramadan fast!
Monuments covered: Istana Kampong Gelam, Sultan Mosque
Starting point: Visitor Centre of the Malay Heritage Centre (85 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198501)
Ending point: Sultan Mosque
IMPORTANT: The tour starts at 5pm and ends at 630pm. After the tour, participants will join the Muslims in iftar - Courtesy of Sultan Mosque. Participants may be refused entry to the mosque & iftar if not properly attired.
Male : Sleeved Tops & Long Pants
Female : Long-sleeved Tops, No Cleavage & Bottoms Down to Ankle.
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
[ Thu ] - [ Sat ]
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM SGT
- Kampong Gelam
8 June (Group 1) - Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 8 June (Group 1) - Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00 8 June (Group 2) - Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 8 June (Group 2) - Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00 17 June (Group 3) - Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 17 June (Group 3) - Student / Senior Citizen SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- 85 Sultan Gate, Singapore 198501 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,237 Followers