Mindfulness (MBSR) for Leaders 8-Week Program (31 Mar 2017)
This is the world-renowned MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction by Jon Kabat Zinn) 8-week program contextualized to transforming leaders at the workplace with resilience.
This 8-week training program aims to equip leaders as well as working professionals with mindfulness skills to cultivate resilient behaviours to thrive in the VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. The overall outcome of this foundation is an individual who is able to thrive under pressure, master change, and overcome adversity at the workplace and beyond.
This program is delivered by MBSR teachers who are fully qualified by the Centre for Mindfulness (Home of MBSR). It is a structured curriculum to introduce secular meditation practices to participants, (e.g. sitting meditation, body awareness, simple movement exercises), to enhance how we think, feel, behave and communicate. The schedule of each program spans 8 weeks with a 2 hours session once a week, and an additional full day intensive practice session. It is a highly participative course that requires commitment to regular home practice as well.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able apply the discipline of mindfulness to enhance one's level of resilience; specifically in the areas of:
- Bring focus & clarity to priorities
- Increase mental stamina for higher performance & productivity
- Improve composure under challenging and stressful scenarios
- People Intelligence:
- Enhance ability to relate & coach others with empathy and deep listening skills
- Situational Intelligence:
- Develop perspective agility to extract innovative insights from complex problems at the workplace
- Identify opportunities to apply mindfulness to workplace culture, processes & habits
Every Friday, 7-9pm, 31 Mar to 26 May. (No class on 14 Apr due to Good Friday public holiday)
Session #1: 31 Mar
Session #2: 07 Apr (No class on 14 Apr due to Good Friday)
Session #3: 21 Apr
Session #4: 28 Apr
Session #5: 05 May
Session #6: 21 May
Session #7: 19 May
Session #8: 26 May
Day of Mindfulness Sunday, 14 May 10:00am - 4:00pm
*Please note that a minimum of 8 confirmed participants are required for the class to commence.
- $700 SGD
- The TRLM program is approved for Skillsfuture funding. T&C applies.
- Free Resilience assessment pre & post program
- Discounts availble to MBSR Alumni.
- Contact us for details @ email@example.com
The Instructor: Han Ee
- Having delivered mindfulness-based interventions since 2010, Han Ee, a performance psychologist, is the first Singaporean to be fully qualified as a Mindfulness Instructor with the Center for Mindfulness (CFM) @ UMass - the origins and home of MBSR, and has trained directly under the guidance of Jon Kabat Zinn, Saki Santorelli and Florence Meleo-Mayer.
- Drawing from close to 20 years of experience in high performance domains (leadership, corporate & sports), Han Ee stands by the adage of "less is more" in the pursuit of excellence and mastery. He aims to hack the conventional approach towards performance development by helping his clients find their flow, or get in the "zone" on demand - anytime, anywhere, through the discipline of mindfulness.
- With over 1000 hours of coaching services rendered, he is an experienced executive coach (qualified with the International Coach Federation) and corporate training facilitator, who works actively with a diverse range of clients including MNC leaders, executives, Red Bull athletes, royalty, professional athletes, soldiers and other high performers.
- He is also the first instructor in this region to integrate biofeedback feedback and assessment profiles into the MBSR program to evaluate and quantify behavioural changes before and after meditation training.
"It's an amazing course! Even though I am familiar with the concepts of mindfulness, Han Ee made it come alive for me. There were many insights that I gained through the practice and Han Ee explained & reinforced those concepts by linking it to our practice. Perhaps the best thing I can say about this course is that I learnt a very wonderful concept of taking care of myself and gain on awareness of my mind-body sensations and emotions." Quah S.H, Manager
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the capacity to pay attention to the present moment, intentionally and non-judgmentally. It is a simple skill that we are innately capable of and yet do not always call upon. This skill of paying attention can change the way we experience our surroundings and consequently how we react (reflexively) or respond (with choice) in our lives. Importantly, mindfulness is a skill that can be learned. Here is an excellent video featuring Anderson Cooper on 60 minutes, talking about mindfulness:
What is the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program?
The 8 week MBSR course Developed to help patients with various illnesses through mindfulness, the original 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course was developed at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School more than 30 years ago. Much of current scientific research on mindfulness (showing psychological, physiological, neurobiological and cellular effects) is based upon this original MBSR course. This MBSR course has consistently shown benefits in reducing medical and psychological symptoms in many medical conditions such as chronic pain, psoriasis, etc. A short video here introduces some past research on mindfulness: