Let’s Snorkel at one of Southeast Asia's most amazing coastal spots
Remote and blessed with stunning landscapes and seascapes, the breath-taking Anambas islands are still fairly inaccessible and mostly undiscovered. They are still not as touristic at other Indonesia islands. According to CNN, the Anambas Islands are one of Southeast Asia's most spectacular coastal spots, with good snorkelling and diving spots.
The green islands are really beautiful. Their beaches are covered with soft white sand and surrounded by clear blue seas. The water is so clear that you could see the beautiful corals from the boat. You will be amazed by the colourful underwater life whereby it is a common view of schools of fishes swim pass you. Words are unable to describe the spectacular scenes. Let the pictures show you the experiences.
Scenic views of the beaches and islands
Snorkelling in the clear blue water under the shallow sea
Beautiful and colourful corals
School of fishes
The water is so shallow that you could step onto the corals if you are standing
Let’s island hop to a couple of islands and beaches in this 5-6 days holiday. You could snorkel, swim or even picnic at the islands, visit a fish breeding village and Temburun waterfall. One of the night we could also stayover at the Pahat Island to wait for the long-time resident, the Hawks-bills and Green turtles to come onshore to lay eggs. An adventure you will not experience in Singapore.
Main Island where we will be staying. The island is simple, the main transport is motorbike that you hardly see a car, but the people are friendly
The streets are quiet and clean. You could take a slow walk along the walking path and enjoy the sea view.
The hotel is facing the sea
Pahat Island that the green turtles would come on shore to lay eggs
Sunset at Pahat Island
(The local operators will do their best to adhere to the route described below but certain amount of flexibility is necessary to build into the trip as on occasions it may be desirable or necessary to make alterations or changes to the intended itinerary)
Sunday, 7 May
Meeting at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Time to be determined when nearer to date. Distributing ferry tickets and boarding pass. Arrived in Tanjung Pinang, Bintan domestic ferry terminal. Free and easy time and stay one night.
Monday, 8 May
6am to be at domestic ferry terminal. Ferry departing 7am. Arrived Anambas Island around 5pm. Have a relax night walk in the Anambas Island.
Tuesday, 9 May
Have breakfast at 7am. Around 8am, visit Nenggek and Luwe Beach for snorkelling or swimming in the morning. In the afternoon, go back to hotel for lunch and rest to catch some sleep before heading to Pahat Island in the late afternoon to wait for the Hawks-bills and Green turtles to come onshore. Depending on the timing, we may have a chance to join in the locals and help them collect turtle eggs. We will camp by the beach watching sunset, and witnessing sunrise in the next morning.
Wednesday, 10 May
Go back to Anambas island from Pahat Island to have breakfast and rest. Around 10am, we will head to Penjalin beach for snorkelling, visit fish breeding village, then go Temburun waterfall. Then go back to main Island.
Thursday, 11 May
After breakfast, take speed boat to Pulau Ayam and Padang Melang Beach in Jemaja for snorkelling. We could also BBQ at the beach. Padang Melang is the longest beach in Anambas (8Km).
Friday, 12 May
Visit the hidden Lagoon in Anambas, Selat Ransang Beach. Flanked by several small islands, covered by lined of coconut trees and green hill, Selat Ransang beach a perfect place to snorkel with the presence of clear waters, natural coral reef and its white sand.
Selat Ransang Beach
You could also swim to the neighbouring islands as they are very near to each other.
Back to main island and have an early night as have to wake up very early the next day to catch a ferry back to Bintan.
Saturday, 13 May
To be at ferry terminal at 6am. Ferry departing Anambas at 7am, arriving Bintan 5pm. Travel 1.5 hrs to Bintan BBT ferry terminal. Ferry departing Bintan 8pm, arriving SG 10pm.
Package includes the following:
1) Return ferry ticket from Singapore to Bintan, inclusive of Singapore and Bintan Departure Fees and fuel surcharge. However, Levies and fees are subject to change, hence would need to top up if it increases.
2) Return ferry ticket from Bintan to Anambas, inclusive of Indonesia Terminal Fees.
3) 1 night stay in Bintan hotel and 5 nights stay in Anambas hotel. Hotels have no star, but is clean with private toilet and twin / double sharing. We have to catch the early ferry to Anambas, hence a hotel nearby the ferry terminal is chosen though may not be the best.
4) All sea transport between Anambas and other islands within the itinerary.
5) Tips for guide
1) All meals, budget $20 for all 3 meals every day. May need slightly more if the group decided to have BBQ lunch in one or two of the islands.
2) Personal expenses
3) Snorkel set
1) To have more than 6 months validity passport and valid visa to Indonesia
2) This place is fairly remote and tourism not developed so we can't be expecting Maldives or Krabi standards. As such the reason we have to prepare our own snorkeling set. Once the trip is confirmed, we will gather everyone to purchase the set at Decathlon in Bedok. The promo set is usually about $40.
For package cost and RSVP, pls refer here:https://goo.gl/iTzjhB
Please read through the following terms of participation before RSVP:
DISCLAIMER: Your safety and well-being during the trip are your sole responsibility. By RSVP for this event, you have confirmed that you have read, acknowledged, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of participating this trip.
By WEIRDOFREAKO OUTDOOR PTE. LTD. - TA License No: 02937