Express Fabric Block Printing Workshop
9.30am - 12.00 | Friday 24 February | Toa Payoh | 2.5-hour workshop | Ticket includes all workshop materials, supplies and refreshments
CREATE YOUR OWN PERANAKAN INSPIRED PRINTS
Experience the fun of block printing and create your own piece of Singapore! Enjoy making a handcrafted table runner or table cloth for your home.
This streamlined printmaking workshop is perfect for the busy beginner with a selected range of blocks and design templates available. Runners are made from quality cotton sateen and ready-sewn to ensure a speedy and fun printing session!
No art experience is necessary with friendly Australian- Peranakan artist & printmaker Jennifer Lim providing a relaxed and supportive environment. This is a no-carving workshop
- Choice of quality cotton sateen fabric to make a 50cm x 50cm tablecloth or 30cm x 90cm table runner
- Access to a specially created range of hand-carved rubber blocks inspired by Peranakan tiles
- Use of all tools, materials and aprons
- Hands-on instruction from a professional printmaker and artist
- Bonus hemming service included - valued at $15
- One accompanied child (over 8 years) per adult parent welcome
- Cosy sized classes means strictly limited spots - book now!
'The pace and the content is just right, especially for beginners. It was inspiring, and made me want to learn more about printmaking' - Ong Hwee Boon
'I enjoyed the fact that this workshop focused solely on printing and that I didn’t have to do any carving. I had a really fun time. Thanks so much for your time, effort and skill.' - Brenda Cowles, Australia
デザインを決めたり、色を決めたりするのが楽しかったです。問題や疑問が生じた時にいつでも相談に乗っていただき解決できた。次回は彫刻のワークショップにも参加したいと思っています。- Kimiko Harui, Japan