Volunteer Needed: Befrienders Penang New Volunteer Recruitment Drive 2017
Over 800,000 people die by suicide every year i.e. one person every 40 seconds
Every suicide is a tragedy that impacts family, friends and the community long after a person has died.
The anguish and despair following the suicide of a loved one can be overwhelming.
These deaths are preventable.
and you can be part of the mission to prevent that.
You can be part of our volunteer team in Befrienders Penang.
Befrienders provides confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide. People don't have to be suicidal to talk to Befrienders. Befrienders are here for them if they worried about something, feel upset or confused, or they just want to talk to someone. Just by talking about these feelings and finding someone cares enough to listen to, they may able to see their way.
Come and be part of this volunteer team that with the suicide prevention mission.
Attend the preview to know more about what is Befrienders Penang is and/or how you can be a volunteer.
Details as per below:
Event: Registration, Preview on Befrienders Penang, Interview & Selection.
Date : 19 February 2017 (Sunday)
Time: 2.00 - 5.00 pm
Venue: Women Centre for Change, 241, Jalan Burma, Penang
Criteria To Being Volunteer
- Kind, caring, warm
- Empathetic, understanding
- Patient, tolerant, calm
- Trustworthy, reliable
- Complete the full 8 week Volunteer Training (Mandatory)
- Able to commit 3 hours/week to serve as a Volunteer
- Minimum 21years old
Volunteer Recruitment Training - 8 Weeks
- There is a nominal fee of RM80 charged to cover the training costs, use of the facilities & light refreshments.
- Training will begin on 5 March till 30 April from 1.00pm – 6.00pm, every Sunday at Women Centre for Change, 241, Jalan Burma, Penang (Use Jalan Perak entrance)
- You must attend no fewer than eight of the ten sessions and complete 4 months of probation to be accepted into the service.
If you need further information, you can contact us at 04-2815161 or 04-2811108 Mondays to Fridays3pm to midnight. Saturdays & Sundays 5pm to 11pm. call/SMS/WhatsApp at: 010-330 9150 or email: email@example.com or visit our website at www.befpen.org
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM MYT
- Women Centre for Change,241 ,Jalan Burma, 10350, Penang
Interested to be a volunteer and want to know more FULL
- Venue Address
- Women Centre for Change, 241, Jalan Burma, Penang Malaysia
Befrienders Penang42 Followers