The Hawker Sessions: 04
Date: Fri 6 December
Time: 7.30PM - 10.30PM
Venue: Maxwell Road Food Centre
Raise at least S$5,631.80 to help three patients from the Tan Tock Seng Hospital Community Charity Fund HELP (Help ElderLy Patients) Programme
HOW IT WORKS
How you can support The Hawker Sessions:
- Come for the event! Bring your friends, family and colleagues!
- On the night, for every dish/drink you order, drop the money you're saving from a night out on the town into our collection jars (administered by our charity partner)
- Participate in our games, quizzes and awesome auctions for a chance to win prizes from our sponsors! Bid generously.
- Spread the word. Tell your colleagues, Like us on Facebook and share this event link!
- Donate online at SG Gives. Under the 'Special Occasion' box, type "The Hawker Sessions 04"
- Donate by cheque: We accept cheques addressed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital Community Charity Fund. Get in touch with us via Facebook or email@example.com and we can pick up the cheque from you at a central location.
Please write "Hawker Sessions 04" on the back, along with your full name, NRIC/FIN No., your contact no., and your address.
We greatly encourage this as your donations are 2.5 times tax-deductible
RECIPIENT #1: Mdm A
S$3,186.00 will afford Mdm A 6 months of Glucerna milk feeds ($17.70/day)
Bed bound since 2008, Mdm A suffers several illness, including recurrent strokes, hypertension, diabetes and hyperlipidaemia (high levels of fat in the blood). As such, she needs help with her daily needs such as feeding herself, dressing and going to the toilet. Her husband suffers medical problems of his own and also requires vigilant care.
* * *
RECIPIENT #2: Mr B
S$1,645.80 will afford Mr B 3 months of nutritional supplements ($43.31/tin)
Mr B suffers from squamous cell cancer of the tongue and is unable to eat due to side effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy - loss of appetite, mouth pain, soreness and dryness. He has lost more than 5kgs in 3 months. As the recovery of his appetite is slow, Mr B has to take nutritional supplements to help his well-being.
* * *
RECIPIENT #3: Mr C
S$800.00 will afford Mr C a hearing aid that would greatly enhance his quality of life and independence
Mr C is widowed with two sons. Though he is motivated to regain employment, he is unable to do so because of hearing difficulties. Lack of hearing aid has also impacted his daily life - he is afraid to go out as he cannot hear on-coming traffic. With severe hearing loss in both ears, Mr C faces isolation as it is hard for him to communicate and interact with others.
* * *
All funds will be collected in sealed donation tins provided by the TTSHCCF, who will dispense the funds to the beneficiaries.
The Hawker Sessions team does not have any contact with the recipients. Out of respect, their identifies will remain anonymous.
If we raise more than the targeted sum, the extra will be donated to more needy patients under TTSHCCF.
MORE ABOUT THE HAWKER SESSIONS & OUR SPONSORS
HOW IT BEGAN
The Hawker Sessions was conceived by one of the winning teams at the first Worldwide Feast Singapore. We realized that Friday nights in Singapore are seen by many as a night to unwind, eat, drink, and catch up with friends. So we thought, why not continue this tradition, but at a hawker centre where the money saved on expensive cocktails and spirits could then be put toward something meaningful like helping a local family in need?
WHO WE ARE
The team behind The Hawker Sessions is a melting pot of newcomers to the city and long-time residents, who believe giving should be simple, transparent and enjoyable for everyone. Singapore’s unique blend of locals and expats is something we look to replicate in our Sessions, to foster a community that is diverse and inclusive. Get in touch with us via our Facebook page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venue was changed to "Maxwell Food Centre @ 1 Kadayanallur St, S069184". Diff 2013-11-22 03:31:22
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM SGT
Join the Community FULL
- Venue Address
- #01-10/1 Maxwell Road Singapore
The Hawker Sessions47 Followers