Event is FINISHED
Beyond Awesome Nights Celebrates Australia Day
Date: 26th January 2017, Thursday
Time: 6:30PM to 9:30PM
Venue: Beyond Awesome HQ - 315 Outram Road, #08-06A Tan Boon Liat Building.
- Suitable for ages 6-12 years old
- Kids can be dropped off or be accompanied by one parent
The cost operates on a play it forward model - where your child's fee will cover the cost of a disadvantaged youth to attend either the same workshop or one we hold in future. With limited spaces available, booking is essential. For this particular session, passes are complimentary.
What kids will experience in this session:
1) Encourage use of imagination and creativity
2) Encourage social skills and co-operation between other students
3) Enhance listening skills
4) Dedicated and experienced support from our workshop hosts
5) Learn about Australia Day through story-telling + enjoy some Aussie-inspired snacks
6) Have the opportunity to complete homework*
7) Have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a book from our library
Our Thursday evening programs are focused on promoting literacy skills, reading time and the opportunity for students to complete their homework with dedicated learning support.
What kids will take home:
1) Snack + Juice Box
2) Workshop Photos will be emailed to all attendees
3) An excitement to keep reading!
OUR WORKSHOP HOSTS:
Lexie relocated to Singapore in 2016 from Sydney where she worked full time as a primary school educator. Her main experience is with children from 4-7years or age but she has taught every grade from prep to year six during her 25 years of working as a teacher. Her skills, knowledge and heart for literacy will have your child developing a love to read - even in the most reluctant little readers!
Emily is well known in Singapore as 'Chief of Awesome', spreading love, joy and awesomeness wherever she goes through her work with youth. Raised in Jakarta (Indonesia), Melbourne (Australia) and Singapore, she is able to seamlessly find common ground within and around individuals from various backgrounds. She has over 10 years working experience from helming the mic as a Radio DJ with 987FM and Power98FM, running Blessings in a Bag to being a Nike Women Ambassador for Singapore and, of course, for her heart and vision for impacting youth across the ASEAN region.
Add to Calendar
Thu Jan 26, 2017
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM SGT
- 315 Outram Road, Tan Boon Liat Building, 08-06A
Complimentary Pass FULL
- Venue Address
- 315 Outram Road, #08-06A Tan Boon Liat Building Singapore
Closest MRT is Outram Station, It is situated next to the Holiday Inn Hotel and next to a SHELL Gas Station.
Beyond Awesome59 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?