Understanding Art: Senses and Emotions
- As we have been receiving more requests than expected, please confirm your attendance at https://form.jotform.me/70056548942461 - if you can't make it, allow others the opportunity.
- The agenda 'what to bring' have been updated.
Warisan Kafe, Avenue K
Level C, Lot No: SAC-C-1
Click here for directions to Avenue K.
Khalid - 017-242-0165
“Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Art is very subjective, which is why we, as artists, can sometimes fail to connect with our audience through our artwork. As a result, this could lead to us failing to deliver our interpretation of our artwork to the audience. So why is it then that some art stands the test of time while others pass as a fad? What makes a song or painting timeless while others fade away in time?
Some believe that it mainly comes down to evoking emotions and provoking the senses.
Kicking off the New Year with a new start and new resolutions, what could be a better time to explore new ideas and possibilities, to view other perspectives, and to improve on our creations?
Art schools (especially ones teaching modern art such as computer graphics or sound engineering) focus more on teaching us the technicalities of art; how to create art rather than where art comes from. Expression receives little to no attention at all.
We want to discuss the importance of understanding the source of inspiration behind art.
A short discussion about emotion in art, and about the KL Film & Art community.
- Forming Connections
A social experiment to assess the effects of emotional investment and whether they change our perception on subjects or not.
An art session where we put it all to the test.
- Discussion & Socializing
No, not "networking". We want to create human connections, not bulk up on contacts. Be yourself and have fun!
What to Bring (UPDATED):
- Bring one item in its physical form or as a printed picture (not an image on your phone) that you care about and can connect with emotionally. A reasonably small item is best (examples: book, frame, baseball, bracelet, etc.)
- We will have an exercise during the meetup, so make sure you bring your sketchbook/notebook and tools.
Feel free to ask any questions or discuss this event in the comments.
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM MYT
- Venue Address
- Avenue K Shopping Mall, 156 Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Level: C Lot No: SAC-C-1 - Avenue K is interconnected with KLCC LRT station, you will find our Concourse Level upon exiting from the station.
Kuala Lumpur Film & Art18 Followers