1 session workshop for a total of 3 hours
Get a grip of how to make alterations to your clothes!
Love something that you bought but can't wear it? Our alteration workshop will give you an overview and fundamental understanding of alterations. You will learn steps from replacing buttons expertly, how to taper and take in your side seams without an overlock/ serger. How to take in and finish raw edges after trimming them, extending and reducing lengths on your garments and how to give any sewing project a luxurious finish.
Create a variety of hems & leave confident with your samples to remind yourself of these techniques. Give your garments a professional finish after getting them to your desired lengths.
This class is suitable for students who have already done the beginner Fashion Sewing 101 workshop or equivalent. If you’ve never or barely touched a machine, click here for the FS 101 classes.
We will cover these alteration techniques:
- Hand-stitching buttons techniques
- Satin bias-binding on curves
- French seaming for adding extension/lengthening
- Blind Hemming for trousers
- Tapering/shaping for fit
- Sewing tricks + tips for easy construction at home
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of alterations
- How to press & prepare your garments before making modifications
- Various types of hem finishes & tricks + tips for easy construction
- Different hemming types & their uses
- Button-sewing techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible
Learn how to make alterations on your own with various techniques. This class is part of an alterations series and you may take them consecutively to learn increasingly more complex techniques to modify your garments to make them fit and look better. All supplies included in cost of class.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM SGT
- 10A Trengganu Street Singapore 058464
Alterations 101 SOLD OUT $78.00
- Venue Address
- 10A Trengganu Street Singapore 058464 Singapore
(3 min walk) From Chinatown MRT Station take Exit A, take the first right onto Trengganu Street
Fashion MakerSpace1,615 Followers