Sewing & Pattern-making Basic: Womenswear (SkillsFuture Claimable) (Series of 10 sessions)
10 session course for a total of 25 hours
WED 7.30PM – 10.00PM on JAN 4 to MAR 8
All sewing tools & domestic sewing machines provided. You will be briefed on the materials needed on the first class session.
Please wear pants to the first class to facilitate measuring.
Our beginner course covers drafting & sewing in your own size - this in depth basic course covers sewing our boatneck-collar blouse with short sleeves & classic A-Line skirt.
Learn to take accurate measurements & draft a set of customised basic pattern blocks. Sewing techniques covered include overlocking raw edges, attaching a straight waistband, a flat collar and installing concealed zipper & set-in sleeves.
Pick up basic dressmaking techniques with our easy-to-understand lessons in small-class sizes taught by friendly trainers.
New students will receive a complimentary set of 3 drafting rulers worth $30!
In addition to class hours, courses include ONE optional replacement class; additional studio time is charged at $10/hr .
What You’ll Learn:
- How to operate domestic machines and use the tools necessary for sewing.
- Hands-on stitching practice and effective sewing steps for dressmaking.
- Basic understanding of drafting patterns, layout and cutting on-grain.
- Creating your own drafts and taking body measurements from scratch.
- Cutting & sewing your very own top and skirt.
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible.
7:30 PM - 10:00 PM SGT
Standard SOLD OUT $520.00
- Venue Address
- 10A Trengganu Street Singapore 058464 Singapore Singapore
(3 min walk) From Chinatown MRT Station Exit A, take the first right onto Trengganu Street
Fashion MakerSpace1,613 Followers