Expressions of Faith
Hokkien temple. Chettiar temple.
Which is which?
Rich in decoration, Hong San See and Sri Thendayuthapani Temple display marvellous diversity in a single neighbourhood. Find out more about the communities – the Hokkiens and the Chettiars – who built not only these houses of worship but also colonial Singapore’s economy.
Monuments covered: Hong San See and Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
Starting point: Opposite Hong San See (29 Mohamed Sultan Road)
Ending point: Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- In the unlikely event where you cannot locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. - unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
- River Valley
Standard $5.00 Student / Senior Citizen $3.00
- Venue Address
- 29 Mohamed Sultan Rd, Singapore 238973 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours904 Followers