1 Day Invotech Innovation Lab
CALL FOR ACTION:
Co-Creating and Innovating for Hong Kong's Future
- How do we make Hong Kong a Smarter City?
- What could the future of housing and quality living look like in Hong Kong?
- How can we as citizens of Hong Kong work together collaboratively and constructively?
- How might we get there by 2020?
- How might we apply technologies that can improve our living standards?
In the spirit of Invotech as a do-tank, we invite you to take action and join us on the 10th of September for a 1 day Innovation Lab to explore and reimagine the future of Hong Kong and solve challenges collaboratively with key stakeholders from our government, corporations, entrepreneurs, design community, students, etc.
The Innovation Lab is a first of its kind experiment that will use the Design Thinking process, an innovation method pioneered by Stanford Design School to explore and re-design new services and businesses that meet the needs of our everyday citizens. The Lab is a collaborative process that encourages co-creation and deep communication between the various representations of our community to brainstorm innovative solutions through a united vision.
Language: English and Cantonese
This 1 Day Innovation Lab will be situated at the heart of Hong Kong at Metta in Lan Kwai Fong, an inspirational venue over-seeing the skylines of Hong Kong.
This lab is the beginning of a longer experiment and will kick-off 5 teams exploring 5 themes and challenges of Hong Kong. The end result will be concepts and ideas to be taken further by the various theme champions:
- Smart Living/Housing - How might we design better living situations for citizens in Hong Kong?
- Smart Education - How might we better educate our talents to match with industry needs?
- Smart Ageing - How might we take better care of our elderly and ageing population?
- Smart Food - How might we ensure that the food we eat is safe, clean and sustainable?
- Smart Entrepreneurs - How might we create an ecosystem to help entrepreneurs and Startups thrive in Hong Kong?
- Opening by Chairman of Invotech Dr. Gregg Li and President Sir David Akers Jones
- Case studies sharing from around the world and in Hong Kong
- Design Thinking Methodology Overview
- Form Inter-disciplinary Teams
- Facts Debrief of 5 topics
- Co-Creation Workshop: Empathy, Define, Ideate
- Teams presentations
- Closing by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO) Ir. Allen Yeung
Who should attend?
Smart citizens who are representatives of Hong Kong’s various stakeholders, from the government, large corporations, SMEs, Startups, Designers and Students interested in co-creating Hong Kong’s future.
Who will be there?
50 to 80 selected leaders from:
- The Housing Authority
- The Urban Renewal Authority
- Banks, Insurance, Trading, and Food Industries
- Architectural or Construction Firms
- NGOs, Government Departments, Universities
- Invotech Members who are living in Hong Kong
(This event is organized by Invotech Limited
Spotted an error in this listing? Click on “Contact” at the right side of the page to let us know)