Mettā Worldwide: The Bridge Between Waterloo and Hong Kong
Join us for a panel discussion about comparing the startup communities of Waterloo, Canada and Hong Kong.
- What is Waterloo and how is the startup landscape structured?
- What makes up Hong Kong's current startup community and how is it progressing?
- How do the startup communities of Waterloo and Hong Kong
- How can we create a way for entrepreneurs to help grow the communities overseas from them?
- Waterloo region has the 2nd highest concentration of startups per capita worldwide — 2nd to Silicon Valley
- 40% of Waterloo funding rounds had at least one international investor, the most in Canada
- 43% of the startup founders in Hong Kong are from overseas
- Startups are concentrated in the Information and Technology sectors.
- James B. Lindsay: Founder of Yumr & Mettā's EIR, UWaterloo Mathematics student & member of Communitech
- Cédric Jeannot, PhD: Founder & CEO of APrivacy, PhD in Applied Security
- Andrea Harding: International Program Manager of Communitech, startup accelerator based in Waterloo region
- Michael Chan: Co-founder of Coherant Capital, UWaterloo Alumni
- 7:00pm-7:30pm: Networking
- 7:30pm-8:30pm: Opening remarks by RBC and Panel Discussion
- 8:30pm-9:00pm: Q&A followed by networking
(This event is organized by Metta
Spotted an error in this listing? Click on “Contact” at the right side of the page to let us know)