1 session course for a total of 2.5 hours
Get a grip of how to make alterations to your clothes!
Love something that you bought but can’t wear it? Our alteration workshop will give you an overview and fundamental understanding of alterations. You will learn the steps from replacing buttons, hemming techniques, including how to finish raw edges after trimming them and how to give any sewing project a luxurious finish.
Create a variety of hems & leave confident with your samples to remind yourself of these techniques. Give your garments a professional finish after getting them to your desired lengths.
This class is suitable for students who have already done the beginner Fashion Sewing 101 workshop or equivalent. If you’ve never or barely touched a machine, click here for the FS 101 classes.
We will cover these alteration techniques:
- Replacing buttons
- Bias Tape Binding
- Double Fold/Turned Hem
- French Seam
- Blind Hemming
What You’ll Learn:
- An overview and basic understanding of alterations
- How to press & prepare your garments before making modifications
- Various types of hem finishes & tricks + tips for easy construction
- Different hemming types & their uses
- Button-sewing techniques
Classes start on time, please arrive 5 mins early if possible
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM SGT
- 10A Trengganu Street Singapore 058464
Alterations 101 $78.00
- Venue Address
- 10A Trengganu Street Singapore 058464 Singapore
(3 min walk) From Chinatown MRT Station take Exit A, take the first right onto Trengganu Street
Fashion MakerSpace1,611 Followers