Learn About Wines with a Sommelier (3 sessions of 1.5 hour)
Hello Wine Lovers, Wine Amateurs,
After several events and many requests, ChateauAsia has decided to launch with Shawn O'Hara, a consulting sommelier, wine classes to develop our knowledge about wines and champagne.
Indeed we want to give you the basic knowledge on wine, especially French wines, to be able to identify great wines, to select wines at restaurants and of course be able to share your passion with your friends or wine expert.
To start, Shawn O'Hara will lead 3 wine classes:
- ChateauAsia Wine Beginner: Basic knowledge on Wines - Thursday, September 22nd 7.30-9pm
- Basic knowledge on French Wines: the regions, the grapes, the soil
- What is the "terroir" ?
- How to taste wine: Eye (color, clarity), Nose ( flavors, intensity), mouth (Tannin, acidity, flavors, length , alcohol...)
- Tasting of 5 different wines
- ChateauAsia Discovery: Bordeaux Region - Wednesday October 12th 7.30-9pm
- Presentation of the region, its specificity
- Bordeaux Appellations and classification
- What is Left Bank, right bank?
- The key flavors in Bordeaux wines...
- 4 to 5 Bordeaux Wines to taste
- ChateauAsia Discovery: Burgundy Region - Wednesday November 23th 7.30-9pm
of region, its specificity,
- Burgundy appellations and classification
- Is Beaujolais part of Burgundy wines?
- What is the typicity of Burgundy wines
- Why burgundy wines are so expensive
- 4 to 5 Burgundy Wines to taste
- More to come: ChateauAsia Discovery :Focus Champagne, Focus Rhone....
A great opportunity to taste different wines of a same region and identify the key specificity of each Region!
Who Is Shawn?
Shawn is a Consultanting Sommelier at My Own Private Cellar. Shawn’s appreciation for wine started as a child when her parents allowed her a ‘sip’ of wine at special dinners. She pursued a formal education in wine after she moved to Tokyo. She graduated from the Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) with an Advanced Certificate, becoming a Certified Sommelier.
When she transferred to Paris, she built exclusive relationships with small to mid-size regional vintners providing clients with high quality wines that are generally not available in retail markets and started advising clients starting wine cellars to experience new wines.
Shawn was an instructor at the Sommelier Society of America in New York City. She is a wine blogger and a member of the Association of Bartenders & Sommeliers in Singapore.
Should I attend all sessions?
Each session is unique and you don't need to attend the previous ones.
If you want a complete knowledge about French wine, of course we recommend you to attend to most of the sessions, but pick the ones that interest you!
If you attend to more than 1 session, special discounts will apply ( see below "how much is it?")
Where is it?
Absinthe has booked a special room for our sessions on the 2nd floor of its restaurant! During the session, the chef will provide sone cheese, cold cuts or canape!
A limited number of persons will be able to attend these classes!
How Much is it?
- This new program starts with "special prices" of $99/ session for early bird tickets (Before September 4th) then $119/ session
- 2 sessions package at $185 (before September 4th) then $220
- And Full package 3 sessions at $265 (before September 4th) then $320
For any extra questions, please send me an email email@example.com!
Add to Calendar
Sep 22 - Nov 23, 2016
[ Thu ] - [ Wed ]
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM SGT
[ Thu ] - [ Wed ]
7:30 PM - 10:30 PM SGT
- Central district
Session #1: Basic Knowledge Thursday Sept 22- Early Bird SOLD OUT $99.00 Session #1: Basic Knowledge Thursday Sept 22- Std SOLD OUT $119.00 Session #1,2 & 3 Early Bird SOLD OUT $265.00 Session #2 Bordeaux Wed Oct 12 SOLD OUT $119.00 Session #3 Burgundy Wed Nov 23 $119.00
On sale until Nov 23, 2016, 1:30:00 PM
- Venue Address
- Central district Singapore
ChateauAsia Wine Pte Ltd216 Followers
Want to find more groups and events like this?