Building a Nation: Samsui Women in Singapore
A silent yet formidable force, the Samsui women have literally built many of Singapore’s icons.
Visit the streets they lived in, hear stories of how they led frugal yet fulfilling lives, and explore one of the buildings that they constructed by hand!
Monuments covered: Ying Fo Fui Kun, Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House (now Singapore Conference Hall)
Note: The group will be viewing Ying Fo Fui Kun only from the outside.
Starting point: Fuk Tak Chi Museum (76 Telok Ayer St)
Ending point: Singapore Conference Hall
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.