AngelHack Kuala Lumpur 2016
4 years. More than 250 hackathons. More than 72 cities around the globe. We’ve seen it all. And from all of these events, we’ve noticed one thing: Anyone. Can. Code.
Passion and dedication is what you need.
Welcome to AngelHack’s 9th Global Hackathon Series, where Anyone. Can. Code.
So, what happens during a hackathon? This is a sneak peak during AngelHack 2015.
Grand Prize: An exclusive invite to our HACKcelerator Program
- A 12-week Curriculum to turn your hackathon idea into a startup reality
- A diverse network of both local and global mentors
- Weekly guest speakers
- A chance to fly to Silicon Valley for our Annual Global Demo Day and participate in a week of extensive pitch training!
Amazon Web Services
Prize: $100 in AWS Credits per person through AWS Activate and
- AWS Free Usage Tier
- 1 month AWS Support at Business level
- AWS Technical Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- AWS Business Essentials Online Training ($600 value)
- 80 credits for Self-paced labs Training ($80 value)
- 1:1 Office Hours with AWS Solutions Architects
- Access to the Startup Blog and Startup Forum
- Special "Self-starter" Third-Party offers
The top three Code4Impact Award Winners will be invited to the AngelHack HACKcelerator Program. One of these three lucky teams will be flown out to San Francisco, for our 5th Annual Global Demo Day and will pitch to some of the largest Accelerators and Investors in the world, while meeting with leading social entrepreneurs. For more details click here.
09:00 AM : Doors Open to Attendees / Breakfast of Champions
10:00 AM : Opening Ceremony and Sponsor Talks
12:00 PM : Coding Begins
01:00 PM : Lunch
07:00 PM : Dinner
07:00 AM : Breakfast
10:00 AM : Brunch
12:00 PM : Hackathon Ends / Submissions due on hackathon.io.
01:00 PM : Demos Begin / Demos only / No Slide Decks
(If your demo doesn’t work, take us through the code of
what you did and where you got stuck. It’s about showing what you’ve learned and not about pitching an idea)
04:00PM: Winners are Announced / Prizathon!
Schedule subject to awesome changes. Stay Tuned!
We know some rules are meant to be broken, but you should probably stick by these:
1. Fresh Code
We all start coding at the same time. This is done to keep things fair. No one is allowed to come in and build on top of previous projects. It’s cool to work on designs beforehand, digital mockups, open source frameworks, and anything else available to everyone, but keep things within fair limits.
2. Code Review
Winning teams will be subject to a code-review at some point following the event or immediately before winning. This is to ensure that all code used is in fact fresh.
3. Ownership and IP
Teams have full ownership of everything they build at our events and are free to do with it as they wish.
4. Team Size
Teams of up to 5 humans are allowed. You can also add 1 cyborg, Furby, drone, or Sphero.
Each hackathon has its individual hackathon.io page, which projects should be submitted on. Submissions take place after 24 hours of pure hacking.
6. DEMO your Hack
You must demo your hack in order to present. No slide-decks or Powerpoint will be allowed. Two minute presentation and one minute Q&A from Judges.
7. Have a damn good time!
What should I build?
Let your gut guide you!
Innovative, scaleable, disruptive and impactful!
Watch out for our theme this year!
Who can attend?
Anyone and everyone. This includes developers, designers, entrepreneurs, business developers, students and more.
Are there travel stipends?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide travel stipends for our global series.
How is the hackathon judged?
Let’s be honest, y’all can do better than Powerpoints. Which is why we rock with live DEMOS only! No exceptions. To win an AngelHack hackathon, you will have to demo your product for at least 30 seconds, but don’t worry if your project is still not 100% perfected. Projects will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Impact: How impactful will this solution be for it’s target audience? Is it scalable?
- Creativity: How original is this solution?
- Design: How well designed is this solution, from front end through to UI/UX?
- Execution: How well executed is this solution from start to finish?
See you at AngelHack 2016.
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM MYT
- Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur
Developer 50.00 MYR Designer 50.00 MYR Entrepreneur 50.00 MYR Team of 2 or 3
(5% discount for team registration)
47.50 MYR Team of 4
(10% discount for team registration)
45.00 MYR Team of 5
(20% discount for team registration)
- Venue Address
- Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
AngelHack Kuala Lumpur40 Followers