Celebrate Monuments! Ramadan Tours at Kampong Gelam (25 June)
Kampong Gelam buzzes with festivities every year during Ramadan, when the Muslim community comes together for a time of prayer and celebration. This year, explore the National Monuments of Kampong Gelam and gain insights into the development of this special neighbourhood from its early days as the Malay royal quarters! Immerse yourself in the colours, sights, and sounds, and end your tour by joining in the iftar – the meal that ends the daily Ramadan fast!
Monuments covered: Hajjah Fatimah Mosque, Istana Kampong Gelam, Sultan Mosque
Starting point: Main entrance to Hajjah Fatimah Mosque (4001 Beach Rd)
Ending point: Sultan Mosque
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.