The Competent Nanny Workshop
ABOUT THE COMPETENT NANNY WORKSHOP
Caring for a baby or toddler is an extremely important job. All children deserve to be cared for with respect, right from the day they are born. This course is for in-home caregivers (nannies or domestic helpers), offering knowledge and practice to equip them with the skills to handle young children confidently. Caregivers are also shown how to promote a child's development holistically, including providing quality interaction and play.
The Competent Nanny course is suitable for caregivers of children between 0-2, and includes a 4 hour theory session and a 1.5 hour practical hands-on session in a playgroup setting.
Topics of study include:
• Attachment theory and the importance of the secure base
• Respectful caregiving such as diapering, bathing, dressing and feeding
• Creating safe space for play and learning
• The value of independent play
• Gentle discipline, including limit setting and natural consequences
• Supporting natural cognitive, emotional and physical development.
Time: Theory session on 23 April (Saturday), 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM & practical session on 29 Apr (Friday), 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
ABOUT CHAPTER ZERO
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Trehaus, 442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Claymore Connect, Singapore 238879
- Venue Address
- Trehaus, 442 Orchard Road, #03-01 Claymore Connect, Singapore 238879 Singapore
MRT: Orchard MRT Station (NS22/TE14) - 5 min walk Bus: Bus stop no. 091697 Buses: 36, 77, 105, 106, 111, 123, 132, 174, 174e, 502, 502A Taxi: Located at Level 1 (Facing Claymore Road) Parking: Orchard Hotel (Season parking available)
Trehaus Cowork1,396 Followers