ICAgile Accredited Product Ownership workshop
Agile Product Ownership
"The hardest part of building any software system is determining precisely what to build." -Frederick Brooks
Build the right product, the right way! Expert agile instructor Shane Hastie will spend 2-days in Kuala Lumpur giving you the tools you need to create great agile requirements and viable products. Take advantage of this exceptional learning opportunity!
Product Ownership is a team sport. It is also a crucial and complex activity; easy in principle hard in practice. Your role is an important part of any product development approach, irrespective of the approach being taken. As a Product Owner, you require clarity of vision, alignment with organisational strategy, understanding of the development process and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders across all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
Attend Agile Product Ownership and gain the techniques and tools to enable you to become an effective product owner that is equipped to guide product development, and lead product ownership teams. This IC Agile accredited course will focus on the roles in the value management team, and how they collaborate to identify the most important aspects and features of a product. You will provide guidance for technical team members who build the working product.
This course covers the first step in the Agile Value Management Track of the IC Agile pathway and covers all the Learning Objectives of the Business Value Analysis certification (ICP-BVA). This ICP-BVA certification is granted on successful completion of this course.
This course does not focus on the technical practices of product development, rather on the guiding and leadership aspects needed to ensure the right product is built in the right way, and how these practices fit into an Agile development lifecycle.
This course will also qualify for CDUs from the Project Management Institute. (PMI). A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) areas covered: Project Scope Management and Project Communication Management.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to develop and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
- Identify the roles and responsibilities involved in product ownership and where the business analyst can contribute.
- Apply a number of tools to help identify which products should be built to maximise business value using tools such as purpose alignment model, Kano analysis and value stream mapping.
- Understand how to produce a product roadmap and link that to business outcomes.
- Use personas and product design workshops to help develop features and quality goals for building a product roadmap
- Understand the shape of a well-formed backlog and how to populate it progressively.
- Apply techniques such as story mapping, prioritisation and backlog grooming to build a release plan.
- Use paper prototyping and usability heuristics to guide the design of the product.
- Elaborate stories for development on a just-in-time basis while ensuring the design principles and architectural guidelines are adhered to.
- Identify the role of the Business Analyst in Agile software development teams.
- Examine how lightweight modelling techniques are used on Agile Projects.
- Understand how to produce User Stories from analysis models such as Process Models, Class Diagrams, State Transition Diagrams and other tools of the analysis trade.
- Analyse how to reduce waste by taking a lean approach to software requirements.
- How to integrate requirements management into an Agile software development process.
What instructional materials will be used?
Lectures, case study, discussions, examples and group exercises and facilitated discussions. As with all Shane's classes, lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and case study.
Who should attend?
- Anyone filling the role of a Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Champion or Agile Customer
- Anyone if you form part of the extended team of people supporting the product owner including technical architects, UX designers, business analysts, IV&V specialist testers, auditors and others who influence or guide product development
Shane Hastie, MIM, CBAP, ICE-VM
With over 30 years’ experience working across a wide variety of industries, Shane Hastie is the Chief Knowledge Engineer and Agile Practice Lead for Software Education (www.softed.com) a training and consulting company working in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
Shane works extensively in the overlap between business analysis and agile development practices – actively working to bridge the perceived gaps between these communities
He was Director of the joint Agile Alliance and IIBA program which produced the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge™ and is a member of the Core Team producing BABOK™ 3.0.
In 2011 Shane was elected as a Director of the Agile Alliance (www.agilealliance.org).
His full profile can be found here: nz.linkedin.com/in/shanehastie/.
To be confirmed. Central KL.
Regular price is RM3,980 per person including the certificate and lunch/breaks for the 2-day course.
Have questions about ICAgile Accredited Product Ownership Course by Shane Hastie? Contact Business Agility Solutions.