Singapour, Je t’aime!
Unknown to many, the French contributed towards the development of early colonial Singapore. They established the St. Joseph's Institution, Singapore's oldest Catholic boys' school; the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus Chapel, one of the few remaining cloistered convents in the world; and Caldwell House, a colonial bungalow. Appreciate Renaissance and Gothic architecture with accompanying accounts of French priests and nuns who once worked within these compounds. The tour will also introduce other fascinating French characters who made their mark on Singapore history.
Monuments covered: Former St. Joseph's Institution (now Singapore Art Museum) and Former Convent of Holy Infant Jesus (now CHIJMES) Chapel and Caldwell House
Starting point: Main entrance of Singapore Art Museum (71 Bras Basah Rd)
Ending point: CHIJMES Hall
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.