CodingGirls- Ruby on Rails Track Session 03- 07
Hi All, this is the package ticket for session 03-07. There won't be any ticket being sold separately. Thus, if you are still keen in joining the track, kindly register ASAP.
If you have missed session 1, (session 2 is not tech class, not a big issue but advise you to come if you will sign up for the whole track.), kindly send us an email so that we can help you catch up with the progress.
Both guys and girls are welcomed.
We are CodingGirls. We want to have more tech-newbie girls interested in technology and coding.
What we hope you will take away at the end of the lesson:
1. Complete critical features of CodingGirls official website and member portal by the end of the track.
2. The understanding of how to create a website product
3. Good friends who are as passionate for IT and breaking boundaries as you do.
Why Ruby on Rails:
In the era of internet, website is a quite essential and effective way of showing ideas or products to the world. However, learning to build a modern web application is daunting. Ruby on Rails makes it much easier and more fun. It includes everything you need to build fantastic applications, and you can learn it with the support of our large, friendly community.
About the Coach:
- ZHAO Chu Xin, currently is a software engineer at IBM Software Lab. He graduated from NTU School of Computer Engineering on 2012.With his belief in "Live with passion and code with love", he will explore the world of Ruby on Rails with you in this session.
- ZHANG Hao Qiang, currently is a software engineer at GrabTaxi. He graduated from NUS School of Computer Science on 2014. With abundant experience as a software engineer, he will
Must Bring: Your laptop and willingness to learn ! :)
(Light refreshment will be provided during the break.)
How to Contact Us:
Follow us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CodingGirls
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org (PS: there is only one "g" in the email address LOL)
Syllabus (updated on 3/01/2016. It may be adjusted based on the progress of session and students' learning speed, to ensure the success of our finaldeliverable)
Class 1: Preparation. Get to know ruby language and rails framework. (March 6th 2016)
Concept of web application
Know about ruby language
Know about rails framework
Class 2: UX and product protopying. (Singapore Design Week Special Mar 20th 2016)
You will learn fundamentals of UX design and create the prototype of our final product.
- What is the difference between UX, UI and Interaction Design
- Fundamental UI Design principles
- Hands-on session to design a web page for CodingGirls using https://moqups.com/
Class 3: Get to know what is our goal and final product. Add simple static pages to our website.(April 3rd 2016)
What we are building
A CMS website
Add static pages to your app
Run your app
Class 4: Get to know how to manage dynamic contents (part 1). Add data models to our website. And user sign up and head count feature. (April 17th 2016)
Add data to your app
Connect to SQL
Knowing active records
Querying your data
Class 5: Get to know how to manage dynamic contents (part 2). Trigger and render dynamic pages with view template. And blog posting and session posting features. (May 1st 2016)
Add views to your app
CSS & JS
Class 6: Advance topics (part 1). Make people able to register and login, make user experience better. (May 15th 2016)
Add restful APIs to your app
Making Ajax calls
Class 7: Advance topics (part 2). Add Facebook login, image upload and send emails to our members. (May 29th 2016)
Host on Heroku
- The event description was updated. Diff#155704 2016-03-17 08:55:15