SHF 2016: Building Tour of Former Command House (7 May)
Hidden on a hill, this stately building is an important part of Singapore’s military history. Discover the stories behind the building, and the people who lived there through the different stages of Singapore’s history. Explore the unique architecture of this “Arts and Crafts” building and more on this exclusive tour to the Former Command House!
Meeting Point: Main Entrance of Former Command House (17 Kheam Hock Road)
Note: There will be shuttle buses provided from Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line Exit A) every 15 minutes from 1.30 pm onward.
This tour is part of Singapore Heritage Festival 2016. There will also be classical music performances by Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music at the former Command House on 7 and 8 May. For more details on the performances, please refer to http://shf2016classicalmusicperformance.peatix.com.
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
Note: There will be shuttle buses provided from Botanic Gardens MRT Station (Circle Line Exit A) for registered attendees only.
- 2pm Tour: Please board the bus at 1.30pm.
- 3.30pm Tour: Please board the bus at 3pm.
- 5pm Tour: Please board the bus at 4.30pm.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM SGT
- Former Command House
2pm - 3pm (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 2pm - 3pm (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00 3.30pm - 4.30pm (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 3.30pm - 4.30pm (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00 5pm - 6pm (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 5pm - 6pm (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- 17 Kheam Hock Road, Singapore 298791 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours983 Followers