MWKA Lunch Talk: Understanding Performance Bonds
Performance bonds are commonplace in the Malaysian construction industry. Construction contracts often require a contractor to take out a performance bond, typically in the form of a bank guarantee which can be called upon by the employer to a specified maximum limit in the event of the contractor’s breach of the construction contract.
- What are performance bonds?
- Interpretation of performance bonds.
- When and how to make a valid demand on a performance bond?
- Examples of valid and invalid demands on performance bonds.
- How to oppose an invalid demand.
He is a certified adjudicator and has experience in a variety of construction related disputes, including:
- Pursuing and responding to adjudication proceedings for payment claims.
- Claim arising from unforeseen adverse physical conditions in the construction of a dam.
- Disputes arising from plumbing works for a residential development project.
- Disputes on design faults arising from the collapse of a basement car park.
- Disputes arising from the electrical and telecommunications works for a resort development project.
- Working closely with experts and witnesses, including civil and geotechnical engineering consultants.
Raymond chambered in Shook Lin & Bok under the guidance of Mr Steven Thiru and Dato’ Dr Cyrus Das. Thereafter, he gained invaluable experience from working closely with Dato' Mah Weng Kwai. He is currently the Managing Partner of MahWengKwai & Associates.
12:30 PM - 2:30 PM MYT
- Venue Address
- Level 10-1, Tower B, Menara Prima, Jalan PJU 1/39, Dataran Prima, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Malaysia
MahWengKwai & Associates78 Followers