SHF 2016: Mosques of the Royal Quarters
Walk among the colourful shophouses of Kampong Gelam, which was home to Malay royalty, and be awed by the beautifully ornate architectural features of Hajjah Fatimah Mosque and Sultan Mosque. Discover how the designs of the mosques have been influenced by the Islamic faith as well as Singapore’s multicultural make-up. At the same time, listen to the stories that revolve around this vibrant district and be introduced to the gelam tree, after which this iconic neighbourhood was named.
- 10am: Main entrance to Hajjah Fatimah Mosque (4001 Beach Rd)
- 3pm: Main entrance to Sultan Mosque (715 North Bridge Rd)
This tour is part of Singapore Heritage Festival 2016. For more information, please refer to heritagefest.sg.
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Student" refers to any student currently enrolled in locally-based institutions.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- Random checks on concession tickets will be conducted at the point of entry. Please bring along a proof of eligibility for the discounted tickets.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.
- The event description was updated. Diff 2016-04-28 06:22:13
10:00 AM - 4:30 PM SGT
- Kampong Glam
10am - 11.30am (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 10am - 11.30am (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00 3pm - 4.30pm (Standard) SOLD OUT $5.00 3pm - 4.30pm (Student / Senior Citizen) SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- 4001 Beach Rd, Singapore 199584 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours981 Followers