Remembering Singapore's Old Waterfront
Towering with skyscrapers, Singapore’s waterfront gleams with modernity. As the country has progressed over the years, its waterfront too has been transformed.
Visit three landmarks that once graced the island’s old waterfront and testify to her growth from colony to nation: a beautiful colonial-era cast-iron market, her first polytechnic, and the building that was a gift to celebrate her newfound independence.
Journey in the shadow of Singapore’s shoreline and trace the footsteps of her development with Remembering Singapore’s Old Waterfront!
Buildings covered: Former Telok Ayer Market (now Lau Pa Sat), Former Singapore Polytechnic Building, Former Singapore Conference Hall and Trade Union House (now Singapore Conference Hall)
Starting point: Stone sculpture at NTUC Centre (One Marina Boulevard)
Ending point: Singapore Conference Hall
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- "Senior citizen" refers to any person whose age is 60 years and above.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.
- The event description was updated. Diff#149053 2016-02-18 01:10:11