The Spirit of Saving Lives
Three national monuments that lie within the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) compound bear testament to this country’s medical history – the College of Medicine Building, Tan Teck Guan Building and Bowyer Block. Be inspired by the generosity of members of the Chinese community such as Tan Jiak Kim, as well as passionate doctors such as Lim Boon Keng, who dedicated their lives to laying the foundation of Singapore’s medical education and healthcare system. At the same time, learn more about SGH’s role during the Japanese Occupation.
Monuments covered: College of Medicine Building, Bowyer Block and Tan Teck Guan Building
Starting point: Singapore General Hospital Block 6/7 Lift Lobby (Singapore 169608)
Ending point: Bowyer Block
You must present your electronic or printed ticket(s) in order to join this tour. Walk-in registration is not available.
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part of that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
Standard SOLD OUT $5.00 Senior Citizens (60 years and above) / Students SOLD OUT $3.00
- Venue Address
- Singapore General Hospital, Singapore 169608 Singapore
Monumental Walking Tours1,146 Followers