Celebrate Chinese New Year in India Himalayan Ranges (Change from Japan Nagano)
We have to change our CNY holiday outing as PRCs have almost fully booked out all hotels, we are left with only high end hotels. As such Georgina and myself after much discussion we decided to change the destination to India Himalayan ranges instead. We are still skiing, just that it won't be the focus and added much sightseeing too. We are just as excited about this trip and we hope you feel like how we feel.
Here is the plan. We are flying into Delhi, and heading to Shimla, the summer capitals for British. Because of its importance to British, we will feel like we have reached a town in Europe. If it snows its charms will be felt even more so. So lets' cross fingers. We would probably be too tired to explore the town as Shimla is 7.5 hours journey from Delhi. We have the next day to explore the town, make a Shimla Heritage walk, explore Shimla Summer Hills, Shimala Glen, Kufri. On the way to Kufri, we will stop by Green Valleys viewing the mountains covered with pine and deodar trees. In the evening is free and easy to explore the Mall road of Shimala.
The next day we will head to Manali, a 6 hours journey from Shimla, on the way visiting Great Himalayan National Park Kullu. I would like to hike the mountain for 2 hours, we will play by ear how is it for the group. Depending on our plans, we may arrive Manali in the evening. Those with energy and can withstand the cold, lets visit Old Manali Area.
For next 2 days, one of the day we will be in Solang Valley where skiing and snowboarding starts. For beginners will take 1 day course with qualified coach. To ensure beginners learn we are engaging coaches that are national players of the country with years of teaching experience. For the rest they can hit the slopes for the whole day.
I want to keep the next day options open to the group. Because besides skiing and snowboarding, we can do many other things like visiting hot springs Vashist, visiting Hadimba Devi Temple, hike to Jogini waterfall, hike to Beas River. In Manali and Solang Valley there are many adventurous sports like paragliding, snow scootering, taking a short helicopter ride to view Himalayan ranges and few others. Some activities such as paragliding is dependent on weather. For people who choose to continue with skiing in Solang Valley may have to get a taxi to get there should the majority decide not to go back Solang Valley, about 14km away from Manali. It cost $35 per taxi for return transfer.
The next day we will have to head back to Delhi, instead of the usual route, we will take toy train from Shimla to Kalka, well known for its dramatic views of the hills and surrounding villages. Passing through 864 bridges, crossing 102 tunnels and making 900 turns. Used since British India times for 150 years and counting.
On our last day we will be visiting Delhi's icon, the Taj Mahal. A visit to Agra fort and Fatehpur Sikri is a must too. We plan to leave for Singapore taking 11pm flight from Delhi.
7th Feb meet at Changi Airport for 8:20am flight to Delhi, proceed to Shimla
8th Feb Explore Shimla and Kufri
9th Feb Head to Manali
10th Feb Head out to Solang Valley ski slopes
11th Feb Manali and Solang Valley region
12th Feb Head to Delhi with 4.5 hours travelling via Toy train
13th Feb Visit Delhi attractions and fly off to Singapore
14th Feb Home sweet home
It will cost us $756 or $790 and we need a group of 12 for it to happen. Here is what it includes and the difference is explained.
1) 6 nights in 3 stars hotels twin sharing, Tripadvisor rated 4 stars
2) 6 buffet breakfasts and 6 dinners
3) All land transportation and Toy Train, depending on number of people we maybe able to charter our toy train.
4) Entrance Fees to Great Himalayan National Park Kullu
5) $756 is for beginners which includes 1 day lessons, half day tow bar pass, equipment rental and clothes rental. 3 students to 1 instructor.
6) $790 is for experienced skiiers and boarders including 1 full day pass on gondola and equipment rental.
7) Tips for driver and guide
What is not included
1) Anything not mentioned such as airfare, entrance fee to attractions in Shimla, Manali, Taj Mahal, Agra and Fatehpur Sikri. Additional activities in Manali and Solang Valley.
2) All lunches
1) Flights Details (Book only upon our confirmation)
AI381 Air India Sun, 07 Feb 08:20
AI380 Air India Sat, 13 Feb 23:00
Please don't book the flight yet, we will confirm if group is formed.
2) Valid visa, passport and travel insurance
3) Please made your funds transfer of $356 to confirm your participation by 19th Dec. We will be collecting the balance of $400 or $434 by 9th Jan.
4) We aren't sure if PRC Chinese will discover this place and squeeze us out again, please help us with the transfer so that we can make the bookings real fast.
5) As is CNY, air ticket might just keep going up as date nears, so lets' secure ourselves best air tickets prices as quickly as possible.
6) Contact us once you have RSVP, and we will give a green light for bank transfer and air tickets bookings.
Chong Lee Ling: HP: 91734828, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Georgina Chin: HP: 96226838, Email: email@example.com