EP Camps (Nov) - A Resilience Boot Camp for Student-Athletes
What is EP Camps?
Taking a 360° approach to developing the mental strength of our participants, EP Camps are total sports performance camps designed to raise the calibre of elite youth athletes from Singapore and around the region.
At the core of EP Camps is EP’s FlowLab®, a proprietary training platform that will offer our clients the opportunity to train with the latest biofeedback technology in the market. Coupled with effective training strategies, FlowLab® will sharpen the participant’s ability to apply the relevant mental skills in realistic environments. Clients who have undergone training at the FlowLab® include National Athletes, Professional Golfers, Elite Amateur Athletes and Red Bull Athletes.
In addition, we will be emphasizing mindfulness as a training approach to nurture mental resilience and peak performances. The basis of mindfulness wil be covered and a blend of meditation (secular) exercises will be taught to campers. Campers will also be taught how to embed mindfulness into their routines and habits.
With this camp taking on an integrated approach, sport scientists from complementing disciplines will also be delivering practical modules (e.g. physio, strength & conditioning, nutritional) to help our campers design and integrate holistic routines to cultivate mental strength.
1. Danny Sousa, Head Tennis Coach at UWC will be delivering a 1hr session on "Optimizing your Tactical Game to your Mental Game"
2. Nutritional Coaches will be delivering a "Fueling for Mental Performance" session (Compulsory for parents of camp participants to attend!)
EP Camps Objectives:
1) Taking a peer support and experiential learning approach, the campers will develop mental resilience through developing specific competencies inMindfulness, Focus Agility and Mental Stamina. They will in turn learn how to use these mental skills to cope and thrive under pressure, through setbacks and change.
2) Understand their own performance profile (using biofeedback assessments & video analysis), campers will learn how to design and cultivate the appropriate habits and routines to achieve optimal mental performance when it matters.
3) Create a community for the participants to thrive in and draw upon mutual support as they raise their game.
Facts & Figures:
- Venue: Central Location in Singapore (Will be confirmed by Sep)
- All sports
- Age group 10 to 15
- The program includes 1 full-day session plus 3 separate evening sessions
- Saturday (07 Nov): 9am to 5pm
- Thursday (12 Nov): 7-9pm
- Monday (16 Nov): 7-9pm
- Friday (20 Nov): 7-9pm
- Camp registration fees: $800 (includes meals and snacks for the full day session, and dinner for Thu's sessions).
- Registration is confirmed upon full payment.
About The Principal Trainer:
Lim Han Ee, Performance Psychologist / Mindfulness Instructor
Han Ee partners with his clients to nurture championship mindsets and cultivate flow experiences to achieve peak performance. His core strengths are in the fields of leadership and elite team development; resilience and emotional intelligence; mindfulness for peak performance and advanced biofeedback applications using the FlowLab™ proprietary training platform.
Trained in the US, Han Ee has had the opportunity to work closely with coaches and athletes (All-Conference) at the elite NCAA Collegiate level in Northern California. He has worked intensively with tennis, golf, and swim teams to improve mental toughness to enhance individual and team performance.
Han Ee was most recently involved with the SEA Games 2015 campaign where he worked extensively with Netball Singapore, the National Basketball Team, waterpolo and waterskiing national athletes.
Han Ee has also worked with elite athletes (All-American All Stars) in U.S. High Schools, in particular providing sport psychology support to an elite basketball team facing intense public scrutiny as the overwhelming favorite. Through workshops and 1-1 consultations, he helped the team to maintain focus; composure and cohesion as it went on to win an inaugural State Championship and the No.1 rank in the Nation (ESPN HS 2012 Ranking). He has also provided life-coaching services to at-risk youth & adolescents to succeed in school and in life.
In 2012, Han Ee had the opportunity to work with athletes at the renown IMG Leadbetter Golf Academy and the Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida. During this time, he understudied and worked with industry leaders to design and deliver mental skills training solutions.
Back in Singapore, Han Ee works with a range of golfers from touring professionals on the Asian Tour and Thai PGA Tour, to top amateur players from around the region. He was most recently consulting for Team Singapore in the successful Causeway Trophy (2013) campaign against Malaysia. He also works with National Athletes (Olympians & Asian Games campaign), Red Bull athletes and elite tennis players from the region.
At the local school level, his past and current clients include Catholic High School, Clementi Town Secondary School, ACS (Independent & Barker Road), Raffles Institution, Hong Kah Primary School, and Outram Secondary School.
Prior to Emerge Performance, Han Ee served in the Singapore Navy as a Naval Combat Officer for close to 15 years. During that time, he was the Executive Assistant to the Chief of Navy; an Executive & Principal Warfare Officer; and a Combat Simulation Trainer.
Han Ee has a Masters in Sport Psychology from John F. Kennedy University, USA and a Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from Queen’s University, Canada. He was a former national sailor. He has also been featured in the Straits Times, Business Times, Men’s Health, Golf Digest and National Radio.
LinkedIn Profile: sg.linkedin.com/in/emergeperformance/
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM SGT
- Brahm Centre, 71 Irrawaddy Rd, #02-06 Ren Ci Hospital, S329562
- Venue Address
- Brahm Centre, 71 Irrawaddy Rd, #02-06 Ren Ci Hospital, S329562 Singapore
Emerge Performance35 Followers