A Stroll in the Jewish Quarters
“In Jewish history there are no coincidences.” – Elie Wiesel
Gain insights into the close-knit Jewish community which has, despite its small size, contributed significantly to Singapore’s development.
Find out how they have made Singapore their home and learn more about prominent Jews in Singapore, including Sir Manasseh Meyer, David Marshall and Jacob Ballas.
This tour includes a visit to Maghain Aboth Synagogue (the oldest Jewish synagogue in Southeast Asia) and will cover the Jewish quarters during the colonial period.
Monuments/buildings covered: Maghain Aboth Synagogue
Each person can purchase a maximum of two tickets per category (two adults and two senior citizens/students.) Please note that all attendees are required to provide their full name and NRIC/passport number for entrance into the synagogue.
Starting point: Entrance of Wilkie Edge (8 Wilkie Rd, Singapore 228095)
Ending point: Maghain Aboth Synagogue
- By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss of damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part of that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time. Participants must meet the guide at the starting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather or for other reasons affecting the tour. Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation.