Open Class - Visual Merchandising with Ash Yeo
Open Class - Visual Merchandising
Facilitator: Ash Yeo (Lecturer, 3D Design, School of Art & Design)
Collaborative Discovery Learning in Larger Group Tutorial Workshops
This is a combination of Discovery Learning & Collaborative Learning, with the concepts of Tutorials conducted as Workshops, to cope with consistently enlarged group learning strategies.
The roles of the Facilitator then, is to plan in precedence a scaffolding guide for students engaged in different learning role-plays (of different learning aptitudes) to 'process discovery learning/design activities.' The scaffold guide unfolds as:
1) Sets of guided activity parameters or instructions
2) Development guide, which unfolds of set of performance criteria and activity expectations
3) Goals and follow-up actions for proceeding or final project deliverable outcomes
4) Peripheral Awareness of unfolding time plans to affect management skills
5) Others yet to be discovered or specified within modes of conduct by students
About the Facilitator
An established arts educator, Ash teaches a broad curricular range from Research Methods, Design Approaches, Critical Reflections, Design History, Ethical Issues in Design, Creative Discursive Design Argumentations, Art /Design & Ecology to Principles of Design and Visual Merchandising.