Legal Talk: The Shareholders’ Agreement - Guaranteeing your series A investment
Need some legal advice?
This month The Hub welcomes Winston Wong from Flint Battery for an informal session where everyone is encouraged to ask questions at any time. The anatomy of your first shareholder dispute: You have your idea, partners, your market advantage, friends and family seed capital. Six-nine months pass by. Your product takes off and true value emerges from your company. One shareholder thinks his share is worth more than the others.
Legal matters: The Shareholders’ Agreement - Guaranteeing your series A investment
You, your partners, your investors: strong characters, mischievously innovative, wickedly smart, roughish commitment to a big exit payout. Your shareholders’ agreement: Your ground rules of cooperation, your key to the value in your shareholding.
The scenario: You bring together a team of 3, initial capital of $100,000 and the hope of your $49,000,000 cash out to Google. Your investment into a Shareholders’ Agreement helps guarantee your payout. Each percent shareholding point you lose (in the above scenario) is $490,000.
1. Your investment in a Shareholders’ Agreement is your investment into your final payout.
2. Your Shareholders’ Agreement, signed 1 month after you start working together, will look very different from if it was signed 1 month ago.
Winston Wong, Attorney and Counselor-at-law, New York State, US (2003); Advocate and Solicitor, Republic of Singapore (2001).
- Technology: in-house Asia counsel in US and Singapore global technology businesses.
- Corporate/commercial and capital markets transactions
- Private equity
- Capital markets
- Fund documentation: Compliance with Singapore laws/MAS regulations; preparation of fund documents for Singapore-based fund managers
- Securities industry
- Tobacco industry
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
- The Hub Singapore, Lab
Hubbers Public $10.00
- Venue Address
- The Hub Singapore, 128 Prinsep St, #01-01, S(188655) Singapore
The Hub Singapore1,443 Followers