Meatsmiths Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving at Meatsmith
Thursday 26th November 2015
Thanks Giving is a huge date in the diary of all Americans. It's a time for Family & Friends to come together and be thankful for what they have! And at Meatsmith we are thankful for the restaurant, the staff and most of all our Customers. So with this in mind, head chef Andrew Baldus and the Meatsmith team are embracing this day by having their own “Meatsmith” version of Thanksgiving.
Meatsmith’s Thanksgiving Menu $80++
Mash & Gravy
Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
Sweet Potato Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Some facts about Thanksgiving…………
· In 1621, the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.
· In 1939 Abraham Lincoln scheduled Thanksgiving for the final Thursday in November.
· Today, nearly 90 percent of Americans eat Turkey—whether roasted, baked or deep-fried—on Thanksgiving, according to the National Turkey Federation.
· The president of the United States “pardons” one or two Thanksgiving turkeys each year, sparing the birds from slaughter and sending them to a farm for retirement.
· Macy’s department store New York City, Thanksgiving Day parade is the largest and most famous, attracting some 2 to 3 million spectators.