Buddhist Art Course - Clay Relief Art
11, 18, 25 Oct
01 Nov 2015
Time: 1 to 3 pm
Venue: Classrooms 2nd Floor, Chedi Dhammasathit Building
Target audience: preferably 9 to 14 years old.
*Participant to bring along basic stationery (pencil/eraser etc.) and an apron
4 x 2hrs
Participants will use clay to create Relief Art in theme of Nature related to Buddhism. They will be introduced to Elements of Art such as Lines, Colours and Texture with understanding of Composition - Balance, Emphasis and Symmetry. Individual works will be assembled into a big major piece as shown in pics above.
- What is self-drying clay?
- Techniques in creating textures/relief work
- Visual stimuli of chosen theme/subjects
- Understanding of Colours such as Primary, Complementary, Warm/Cool Colours.
- Using clay to create tile relief with understanding of Composition such as Balance, Emphasis and Symmetry.
- Step-by-step approach in layering the overlapped effects
- Create textures/details for tiles
- Painting/Varnishing of work
- Assembling of individual works as a major piece
- Final Touching up
- Presentation of Artwork
Well-composed Clay Relief Art to be assembled into major work