MaGIC Academy: Startup Marketing & Analytics
A crash course on startup marketing and analytics. This course is an introduction to collecting and acting on data for your web properties and marketing campaigns. We’ll mainly be using Google Analytics, but we'll also touch on other things like Optimizely, CrazyEgg, Mailchimp, and so on. We'll also learn how to use the above skills to create user experiences and growth channels that don’t suck.
We WILL make things during this course. This includes but is not limited to landing pages, drip campaigns, and onboarding processes.
The TLDR is that we'll be trying to take your Analytics account from this:
Before This Class
Make sure your web property is properly tagged with (at least) Google Analytics tracking code. If you haven't already, try to do this as soon as possible so we have data to work with during the course. This is a very simple process:
- Create a free Google Analytics account.
- Include the tracking code on every page you want to track, right before the closing tag.
- Ensure your tags are working correctly with either the Google Tag Assistant or Google Analytics Debugger chrome plugins.
How to use and understand popular analytics tools
How to build strong customer acquisition and retention funnels
How to design and launch new marketing campaigns in just hours
- Setting goals that align with your business objectives
- Tagging and tracking events on your site
- Segmenting customers by acquisition, behavior, and outcome
- Using design to achieve your goals (even if you’re not a designer)
- Creating content that gets you your most high-value customers
- Setting up AB tests to run on your content
- How to think about different types of traffic - organic, social, paid, and so on
- Creating, measuring and optimizing multiple campaigns
- Basics of marketing automation
- Using remarketing, onboarding hooks, and email to keep customers engaged
- How to actually measure churn
- Applying your campaigns to cohorts for maximum impact
About the Speaker
Ian Chan has been working with sales productivity company Base since it was just a little Series A startup, and is also the Growth-Hacker-in-Residence at MaGIC. When he grows up, he wants to be Tony Stark. He doesn’t have a math or engineering background, and to learn how to do what he does, you won’t need one either.
[ Wed ] - [ Wed ]
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM MYT
- MaGIC Cyberjaya
Tickets for 4 sessions RM120.00 Limited RM100.00
On sale until Sep 2, 2015, 5:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- Block 3730, Persiaran APEC, 63000, Cyberjaya Malaysia