MaGIC Academy: Visual Design using Sketch
Sketch is a godsend to the design community as a whole, especially for those who design for digital. It is a powerful design tools and yet so easy to use and learn. With its simplicity and specific crafted purpose, Sketch has quickly become the industry standard for many digital professional and agencies. It can be used to create various assets such as font icons and UI for both web and mobile application.
This workshop will be handled by two main speakers and four facilitators that will roam around to assist attendees.
- Understand Sketch basic features.
- Work using UI design best practices.
- Design UI of a mockup app and web project.
- Leverage tools to ensure pixel perfect design work.
- Package and send finished assets design to the dev to be built.
Pre-requisite and Planning
- Experience in using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop
- Any Mac machine that is capable of running Sketch
- Install Sketch demo version. - http://bohemiancoding.com/sketch/
- A bit of reading homework - http://www.bohemiancoding.com/sketch/learn/
- Download workshop learning material and guide.
- Get familiar with Sketch: https://designcode.io/sketch
- Sketch for Web Design: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/04/using-sketch-for-responsive-web-design-case-study/
- 10:00AM - Introduction and Sketch Basic Features
- 11:30AM - Best design practice, cheat sheets and best practices
- 12:30PM - Lunch Break
- 01:30PM - Design high fidelity website UI
- 03:30PM - Design high fidelity mobile app UI
- 04:30PM - Tea Break
- 05:00PM - Package and send finished design assets to dev
- 05:30PM - Q&A and closing
About the Instructors:
Izuddin Helmi is still in his journey to be a world class UI designer. He worked for JomSocial, Mindvalley, BootstrapStyler, MyTeksi/GrabTaxi and Duriana as a front-end developer and UI/UX designer and has actively been doing freelance since 2005. He won several design competitions locally and internationally. He also organized ForwardSlash, a community of new talented designers to level up by doing free classes, meet-ups and Slack group. You can see his work at Dribbble -https://dribbble.com/izuddinhelmi.
10:00 AM - 5:30 PM MYT
- Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre
Premium SOLD OUT RM20.00 Standard SOLD OUT RM20.00
- Venue Address
- Block 3730, Persiaran APEC, 63000, Cyberjaya Malaysia